The aluminized film
is a process in which aluminum is melted and vaporized by electric resistance, high frequency or electron beam heating under high vacuum (10-4 mAb or more) to adhere to the surface of the film substrate to form a composite film. A thin layer of metallic aluminum is applied to the surface of the plastic film or paper to form an aluminized film or aluminized paper. The vacuum aluminized film used on the package has the following advantages:
(1) Compared with aluminum foil, the amount of aluminum is greatly reduced, energy and materials are saved, and the cost is reduced. The thickness of the composite aluminum foil is 7-9 um, and the thickness of the aluminum layer of the aluminized film is about 400 Å (0.04 um), the aluminum consumption is about 1/200 of the aluminum foil, and the production speed can be as high as 700 m/min.
(2) It has excellent folding resistance and good toughness, pinholes and cracks are rare, cracking is not caused, and the barrier properties against gas, water vapor, odor, light, etc. are improved.
(3) It has excellent metallic luster, and the light reflectance can reach 97%; and it can be processed by coating to form a color film, and its decorative effect is beyond the reach of aluminum foil
(4) Partial aluminizing can be performed by shielding or elution to obtain any pattern or transparent window, and the contents of the package can be seen.
(5) The aluminum plating layer has good electrical conductivity and can eliminate the electrostatic effect, especially when packaging the powdery product, it will not pollute the sealing part and ensure the sealing performance of the packaging.
(6) It has good adaptability to post-processing such as printing and compounding.
Due to the above characteristics, the aluminized film
has become a new type of composite film with excellent performance and economical appearance, and has replaced the aluminum foil composite material in many aspects. Mainly used for the packaging of flavor foods, daily necessities, agricultural products, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and cigarettes.